Sr Business Analyst
Sr Business Analyst
Business Analysis, Healthcare
ABOUT ELEVANCE HEALTH
Elevance Health is a leading health company in America dedicated to improving lives and communities and making healthcare simpler. It is the largest managed health care company in the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Association serving more than 45 million lives across 14 states.
A regular in Fortune 500 list, Elevance Health ranked 20 in 2022. Gail Boudreaux , President and CEO of Elevance Health has been a consistent name in the Fortune list of most powerful women and currently holds 4th rank on this list.
Carelon Global Solutions (CGS) is a healthcare solutions company that is simplifying complex operational processes to improve the health of the healthcare system.
Previously known as Legato Health Technologies, Carelon Global Solutions (hereinafter, CGS) underwent a name change and joined the Carelon family of brands in January 2023, as a fully owned subsidiary of Elevance Health (Previously Anthem Inc.). CGS brings together a global team of like-minded innovators who manage and optimize operational processes for health plans as well as providers.
Our brightest minds housed across our global headquarters in Indianapolis as well as Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Gurugram in India, Manila in the Philippines, Limerick in Ireland and San Juan in Puerto Rico bring with them innovative capabilities and an unmatched depth of experience. This global team uniquely positions CGS to enable scalable, next-generation platforms and specialized digital tools that make healthcare operations more practical, effective and efficient.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Our Mission: Improving Lives and Communities. Simplifying Healthcare. Expecting More.
Our Values: Leadership | Community | Integrity | Agility | Diversity
Carelon Global Solutions India is seeking a Sr Business Analyst role.
This position is expected to analyze, test, and support Java based applications. Adhering to all aspects of Application Development Life Cycle.
- 4+ years related experience, require knowledge of US Healthcare industry
- Defines the functional and non-functional requirements of a system. Serves as a system subject matter expert and act as a liaison between the Business and IT.
- Organizes and presents the functional specifications such as use case documents, UI mock-ups & application workflows to Business and IT stakeholders and solicits feedback.
- Understands system integration mechanisms such as SOAP Service, REST APIs etc. Works with technical teams and defines system integration requirements by applying architecture principles and best practices.
- Performs data analysis and data mining by writing simple to complex queries using SQL across various database systems (SQL Server, Oracle etc.)
- Provides the link between the technical and the business views of the system by ensuring that the technical solutions satisfy the Business needs
- Anticipates and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Creates visual models and workflows to depict the current / future states of the system
- Be detailed-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Collaborate with technical teams to help resolve impediments and ensure development and testing efforts align with business requirements.
- Possess strong organization, analytical, problem solving, planning, written and oral communication skills.
- Assesses current project status and supports quick decision making to achieve successes
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements
- B.Tech /B.E /MCA
- 4 + years related experience, require knowledge of US Healthcare industry
- Desirable to have Business Process Modeling Knowledge, Agile methodology
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Experience in US Healthcare industry preferred. 4+ years related experience. Certifications preferred – CSM, Safe Agile Desirable to have Business Process Modeling Knowledge, Agile methodology Working knowledge of Java, Mongo, SQL
THE CARELON PROMISE
Aligning with our brand belief of ‘limitless minds are our biggest asset’, we offer a world of limitless opportunities to our associates.
It is our strong belief that one is committed to a role when it is not just what the role entails, but also what lies in its periphery that completes the value circle for an associate.
This world of limitless opportunities thrives in an environment that fosters growth and well-being, and gives you purpose and the feeling of belonging.
LIFE @ CARELON
- Extensive focus on learning and development
- An inspiring culture built on innovation, creativity, and freedom
- Holistic well-being
- Comprehensive range of rewards and recognitions
- Competitive health and medical insurance coverage
- Best-in-class amenities and workspaces
- Policies designed with associates at the center
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Carelon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Our inclusive culture empowers Carelon to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, but we also celebrate the diverse ways we work.
If you have a disability and need accommodation such as an interpreter or a different interview format, please ask for the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
Disclaimer : Offered designation titles differ*
Extra Job Content
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.