Specialist - Technology
Core Java, Struts or Spring Frameworks, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Web Services, People Management
ABOUT ELEVANCE HEALTH
Elevance Health is a leading health company in America dedicated to improving lives and communities and making healthcare simpler. It is the largest managed health care company in the Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Association serving more than 45 million lives across 14 states.
A regular in Fortune 500 list, Elevance Health ranked 20 in 2022. Gail Boudreaux , President and CEO of Elevance Health has been a consistent name in the Fortune list of most powerful women and currently holds 4th rank on this list.
Carelon Global Solutions (CGS) is a healthcare solutions company that is simplifying complex operational processes to improve the health of the healthcare system.
Previously known as Legato Health Technologies, Carelon Global Solutions (hereinafter, CGS) underwent a name change and joined the Carelon family of brands in January 2023, as a fully owned subsidiary of Elevance Health (Previously Anthem Inc.). CGS brings together a global team of like-minded innovators who manage and optimize operational processes for health plans as well as providers.
Our brightest minds housed across our global headquarters in Indianapolis as well as Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Gurugram in India, Manila in the Philippines, Limerick in Ireland and San Juan in Puerto Rico bring with them innovative capabilities and an unmatched depth of experience. This global team uniquely positions CGS to enable scalable, next-generation platforms and specialized digital tools that make healthcare operations more practical, effective and efficient.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Our Mission: Improving Lives and Communities. Simplifying Healthcare. Expecting More.
Our Values: Leadership | Community | Integrity | Agility | Diversity
Carelon Global Solutions India is seeking a highly creative and meticulous Team Lead, who will be responsible for all design requirements for our leader communications. The incumbent will report to Manager – Communications and must understand the design process, liaising with multiple stakeholders to understand the brief and deliver all in-house design requirements, apart from coordinating with external agencies to ensure brand guidelines are followed.
• Mentor team members on technical design and architectural directions.
• Mentor team members on technical and operational day to day activity.
• Development on medium to large complex customer technology platforms or architectures.
• Maintains active relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder to develop business requirements.
• Analyzes and classifies complex change request, identifies, and documents possible system code enhancements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our products and infrastructure.
Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers to analyze and classify complex change requests. Review and evaluate possible enhancements.
• Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives; prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
• Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements. Understands the product, analytics, and drive requirements that take into account stakeholders needs and identifies problems/risks.
• Codes and maintains complex components of information systems. Mentors’ others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
• Reviews test cases and advises QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
• Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
• Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation.
• Provide technical expertise and low-level design.
• Responsible for system stability & resiliency.
• Assist with technical and Non functional scope documentation.
• Estimate deliverables and Transform business requirements into technical solutions.
B. Tech /B.E. /MCA
• Minimum of 8+ years’ experience on one platform, multi database, multi-language or multi business application. programming experience in Java and Web related technologies.
• Should have people management experience and experience in leading team size of minimum 10 people.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 8+ years of demonstrated programming experience in Java and Web related technologies.
• 8+ years of experience in working with DB2 UDB or other relational or hierarchical databases.
Expertise in Java 5/6 or higher versions of SE/EE, EJB3.x, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Web Services, WebSphere or any other Java EE server and SQL.
• Experience leading people and small projects.
• Should be comfortable to assist or evaluate vendors as needed.
• Working knowledge of Spring Batch framework. Demonstrable experience of at least 1-year desirable.
• Experience with JQuery, Ajax, CSS, Angular, Struts or Spring Frameworks
• Working knowledge of an ESB tool such as WSO2 or MuleSoft ESB a plus
• Good to have experience in CI/CD.
• Experience with shell scripting.
• Should have experience working with microservices and containers.
• Hands on knowledge on eXtreme Programming Practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to guide junior resources with advancing projects of varying complexity.
• Some healthcare IT domain experience preferable.
• Experience mentoring others, leading small projects and providing troubleshooting support is strongly preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, Detail oriented, Eagerness to work in a team environment.
• Good Communication skills.
THE CARELON PROMISE
Aligning with our brand belief of ‘limitless minds are our biggest asset’, we offer a world of limitless opportunities to our associates.
It is our strong belief that one is committed to a role when it is not just what the role entails, but also what lies in its periphery that completes the value circle for an associate.
This world of limitless opportunities thrives in an environment that fosters growth and well-being, and gives you purpose and the feeling of belonging.
LIFE @ CARELON
Extensive focus on learning and development
An inspiring culture built on innovation, creativity, and freedom
Comprehensive range of rewards and recognitions
Competitive health and medical insurance coverage
Best-in-class amenities and workspaces
Policies designed with associates at the center
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Carelon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
Our inclusive culture empowers Carelon to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, but we also celebrate the diverse ways we work.
If you have a disability and need accommodation such as an interpreter or a different interview format, please ask for the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form.
Disclaimer : Offered designation titles differ*
Extra Job Content
This is an example of some common job content that can be shown at the bottom of every job description. It is added in the CMS and then shown on every job. It can be used to supplement the job content that comes from the ATS.